Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Review of The Darkest Pleasure

2712967
Amazon            B&N
The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
by Gena Showalter
4.5 stars of 5

Description:

Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her--even defy the gods.Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are haunted by Reyes, the warrior whose searing touch she can't forget. Yet a future together could mean death to all they both hold dear....
(From Goodreads)

Review:

This is the third installment within Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series, and focuses on Reyes - the lord possessed by the demon of pain. Reyes is forced
to harm himself to keep hid demon placated and so that he won't lash out at others.

Danika was introduced in the first book and Aeron, another demon possess lord, has been driven to point of madness with the need to kill her and her family. She is taken captive by the lords in the hopes of protecting her/saving Aeron. During her time with the lords, she and Reyes's relationship develops.

I loved the side characters and I'm very interested to read on and see what happens with Aeron. I also adored Reyes. He is one of the best tortured heroes I've ever read - which seems to be a theme with Ms. Showalters work, but I'm not complaining. I am head over heels for bad boy, bad ass, tortured, loveable heroes.However, I wasn't crazy about Danika. Her character just didn't do anything for me. I'm not sure what the heroine was missing....perhaps it was because she was introduced in the first book and  I didn't care for her then and couldn't bring myself to care for her in this book either...

I gave this book 4.5 stars because of Reyes and the side stories. I love when authors drop hints and elude to what's coming up.

 

1 comment:

  1. This was a good one. I loved how ashamed he was by the fact that he needed pain and how accepting Danika was of it. <3
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews