Saturday, January 9, 2016

Kick Back Saturday

Welcome to Kick Back Saturday!
In my opinion, one of the best ways to spend a Saturday is to curl up with a book, a delicious cup of coffee, a glass of wine, or a cocktail, and hang out with my writing partner: my sweet pup, Kelly!
Join me on Saturdays for a book blurb and a new, tasty drink recipe - coffee or cocktail...?
Take up a book, mix a drink, and kick back.  


Amazon   
The Book
Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
(I recently re-read this book. I forgo how much I liked it.)
Dear Reader,
Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.
As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.
But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?
Julian of Macedon

The Drink

Double shot espresso
1/8 oz. absinthe
1½ oz. gin

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a glass.

Recipe can be found on Cosmopolitan.

1 comment:

  1. i loved this book!! i do need to get the next one one day

    ReplyDelete

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews