Friday, March 18, 2016

Coffee Time Romance & More Interview

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Interviews/2016/amandagreene.html#.Vtd19ubr8yN

Welcome to Paranormal Romance Author Amanda Greene! Hello, thank you so much for visiting with me at Coffee Time Romance and More today.


Hi! I’m excited to be here with you all on Coffee Time Romance and More.


Let’s get right into the good stuff. Tell us about The Rulers of Darkness series. What inspired this story idea?

I began writing the Rulers of Darkness series years ago. The first book, Caressed by Moonlight, was intended to be a stand-alone. But as I was working through the book and getting to know the characters, I decided to make it into a 5-book series, which has now grown to a 6-book series. The characters are leading the way.

The Rulers of Darkness series centers around 4 (soon to be 5) vampire Clan Chieftains. There are witches, hunters, and shape-shifters that lurk in the shadows. Forbidden romance, consuming passion, and magic lace each book and bid the heroes and heroines together as well as intertwine all of their stories and journeys. 


Sounds great! What is the next release in this series? Do you have a release date yet? Introduce us to your hero and heroine, please.

Caressed by the Edge of Darkness (Rulers of Darkness #5) is my current work in progress. The hero, Gabriel, is one of my favorite leading men and his story has been a long time building. He is a former blood slave and an Outcast who has decided to unite the Outcast Society (those that have been banished from the other clans or made into vampires against Vampiric Law). He will stop at nothing to bring an end to the slavery of humans and vampires. He craves revenge, justice, and will stop at nothing to rescue the woman who has been taken from him, Jordan. I’m anticipating Caressed by the Edge of Darkness to release summer 2016.


Oh good, that gives me time to catch up before the new release. What is your personal challenges when writing a book? Are you challenged by creating non-human characters?

Honestly, the biggest challenge I face when writing is time. Life can be hectic: work, school, family, etc. Writing has become a relaxing escape. When I can, I sneak off to my office and lose myself in the world I have created for my characters – so much fun. I don’t have a problem creating non-human characters. I enjoy creating new worlds and paranormal characters. I actually find writing “normal” characters more difficult. I have to remind myself that they don’t have any magical power or fangs or can shift into a wolf. 


Lol. That’s cute! I see you are also a book reviewer. What is your favorite kind of book to read? Do you read mostly in the same genre you write?

When I can, I write reviews for The Book Nympho blog. I enjoy reading paranormal romance (shocker!) and historical romance. Lately, I’ve been on a highland historical romance kick and have been devouring The Highland Guard series by Monica McCarty. I love her writing style, her heroes can be drool worthy, and her heroines aren’t the typical historical lass that needs saving. She puts together some kick *** heroines.


I love strong feminine leads. I’ll have to check into that series. Do you find that you are more sympathetic to other authors because you also write, or do you feel like you are more critical of amateur mistakes?

Even though I’m an author, I am a reader at heart – that’s where I started. There are times when I read a book when I think I would have done something differently, but as a reader, I surrender myself to the story. Books really are the best and cheapest vacations you can buy.


So true! How important is the beginning chapter in your opinion? How about the opening or the first few lines?

The first chapter is crucial and the first few lines would spell life or death for a book. I enjoy reading stories that just start off – bang you’re in the action. I try to do the same when I write. It’s important to have a great hook, to try to find the right words to draw a reader in. If the reader sticks with the book after the first page, you’ve already had some success. Speaking for myself, I rarely DNF a book. It’s just not in me. I will stick with it until the end – You know what they call book marks? Quitter strips.


Lol. I love that! Do you mind a few personal questions? There wasn’t much on your bio. Are you married?  If so, how did you meet? Is he a romantic type? Does he help inspire your books?

My husband, Robert, and I live in Southern California (both born and raised here). We have two fur babies: Kelly (cocker spaniel) & Barrett (a black-mouth cur mix).

I think one day I may turn the story of how we met into a romance novel. My husband and I met in elementary school. We “went out” in 5th grade. Robert would call my house almost every night and we’d talk about whatever it is 10/11 year olds talk about. (I can’t remember). He moved away the summer between 5th and 6th, which was heartbreaking. We attended different middles and high schools. The funny part is, Robert attended the schools I was supposed to go to, but there was no way my parents were going to allow me to go to those schools. Let’s just say, they were…rough.

Anyway, he remembered my parent’s phone number and he would randomly call me throughout the years. We’d talk for hours and then go months without speaking. It wasn’t until we were 19 that we saw each other again. Robert had recently joined the military and I was in college.

He was stationed in San Diego (we grew up about 1-2 hours north of the city) and he was heading home to visit family. While sitting in some terrible traffic he decided to call me. To this day, he says he has no idea what made him think of me or even how he remembered the number. (This man has an awful memory: can’t remember birthdays or even what/if he ate breakfast in the morning). To be honest, I don’t know why I even answered the phone since I have a habit that annoys everyone in my family: I screen all of my calls. At this time, it had been about 2 years since we last spoke. We talked the entire time he was in traffic. Robert was going to visit his sister, who lived literally down the street and around the corner from my house – small world.  So, he asked if he could stop by. Sure, why not?

I remember answering the door and, seriously, my mind went blank and I just stared thinking, damn, he’s fine. His face was the same as I remembered, obviously more grown up. His eyes were a brighter green, but still sweet and humble. He’s got such a genuine smile, it always touched his eyes. And he is tall! My man is about 6’4”.

Robert said he had the same reaction; I still looked like the girl he remembered but again, obviously grown up. We hung out in the backyard and talked a bit, and when he left, we hugged. I remember thinking we held on to each other a bit too long and when he drove away I knew I was a goner. From that day on, we’ve been together. We got married not long after he came back from Iraq.

He has always been very supportive of my writing and helps me brainstorm and world build, but he is not a romantic. I’d have to say the character I wrote that is the closest to his personality would be Ethan from Surrender to the Chase, down to the ring tone he had when we first re-met: Dr. Dre Keep Their Heads Ringin.


That is a fantastic story! Thank you so much for sharing it, and thank you for visiting us today. We look forward to your upcoming releases!
Amazon    B&N   Kobo   All Romance eBooks   Google Play


Read 3 sizzling, dark, paranormal romance novels. Passion can be lethal...
Caressed by Moonlight
Dorian Vlakhos is no ordinary aristocrat. He is a vampire king, who will do anything to save his clan from complete annihilation, before an ancient curse can claim his immortal life.
Penniless and orphaned, Victoria Kingston has nothing to bring to a marriage, yet she must shackle an unsuspecting gentleman into marriage by the end of the month or forfeit her rights as guardian of her younger sister. With the help of her dearest friend, Victoria begins her hunt, and vows to stay far away from the dark, mysterious, Dorian Vlakhos.
After meeting the beautifully innocent Miss Kingston, Dorian had to have her. He would do absolutely anything to make Victoria his. One sweet stolen kiss would bring them together while a force, more powerful than any vampire, would bind them for all eternity, but treachery, war, and death rule Dorian's dark world and Victoria would be fortunate to survive.

Caressed by Night
Dimitri Arsov, the last remaining pure vampire, was thought to be dead for the past four hundred years. Now, he is back and has a score to settle with the traitor that had tried to kill him centuries ago. But as he waits for his prey to blindly step into his carefully laid trap, his overwhelming hunger for blood is triggered when he saves a beautiful art historian.
Kerstyn Ingmar's life was normal and straight up boring until the night she is rescued by the dangerously sexy, powerfully mesmerizing, Dimitri. Unable to resist his diamond blue eyes and intense kisses, she is drawn into his world of darkness and closer to her impending doom.
While their desire consumes them, Dimitri is haunted by images of a bloody and deadly future. As his enemies draw near, he must find a way to save his mate from her destiny before fate destroys them both.

Caressed by a Crimson Moon
Consumed by madness and tormented by dark memories of blood and death, Hadrian Lucretius, King of the Validus Clan, has returned after living in self-imposed exile for nearly three hundred and fifty years.
To maintain peace with the vampires, Eva Maldonado is offered as a sacrifice to the crazed vampire king by her father, the alpha of the Silveria Shifter Pack. Hadrian's reputation is both legendary and lethal; he is ruthless, bloodthirsty, lusty, and soulless. When Eva arrives at the ancient fortress high in the Carpathian Mountains, she is shocked to find a ravaged man with dark burning eyes filled with loneliness and dangerous desire.
Would she be his lover...or his prey? His savior...or his victim? Would Hadrian lure her into madness or would their perilous passion be their redemption?
 http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Interviews/2016/amandagreene.html#.Vtd19ubr8yN

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews