Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review of Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood #3)

Amazon
Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood #3)
by Laurie London
4.5 of 5 Stars

Description:
Deep within the forests of the Pacific Northwest, the battle for supremacy rages on between two Vampire coalitions:Guardian enforcers sworn to protect humanity, and Darkbloods, rogues who kill like their ancient ancestors….He might be known for his effortless charm, but Guardian Jackson Foss is hiding a terrible secret. For months, he has battled the emergence of his dark nature—deadly urges that threaten to consume him. And those cravings only intensify when he meets Arianna Wells, the human he's been assigned to protect. Smart and perceptive, Arianna doesn't seem like a dangerous temptress. Yet she awakens in Jackson an unstoppable need that, if left unchecked, will brand him a traitor…a crime punishable by death.But soon their bond may be Arianna's only hope. For stalking her in the shadows is a merciless enemy—one who will stop at nothing to claim her completely….

Review:
AGAIN!!! I did it again. I started a series on the third book. I don't know why or how I manage to do this so often...I guess I like 3.  Let's get to my thoughts For beginning with the third book, it was not confusing. I really do love when authors write a series with books that can be independent of each other. 
Jackson Foss is a Guardian, sworn to protect the humans that the Dark Blood would drain of every last drop. He is a tortured, chiseled, handsome, male who is on edge of turning bad - my favorite type! 
Arianna Wells is an intelligent woman with a strong will and knows what she wants.
Her strong sense of responsibility, to protect and save her cousin, made me absolutely love her. Plus, I liked how she handled Jackson, she did not let him walk all over her, she definitely had a back bone. 
The vampire element and the world Laurie London has created is new and I loved it! I was completely engrossed by the world building. The only draw back for me was the relationship between the main characters. I really don't know how to explain this, but I wanted more. I wanted more of an emotional connection between them...or...perhaps, I wanted to see more of the emotional development...not sure. Either way, I wanted more. 
This was a great read and I flew through this book. I'm going to pick up the first 2 books for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews