Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Review of Seduced by Shadows

Seduced by Shadows by Jessa Slade
3 of 5 Stars
Description:

Amazon
When Sera Littlejohn meets a violet-eyed stranger, he reveals a supernatural battle veiled in the shadows, and Sera is tempted to the edge of madness by a dangerous desire. Ferris Archer takes Sera under his wing, now that she is a talyan-possessed by a repentant demon with hellish powers. Archer's league of warriors have never fought beside a female before, and never in all his centuries has Archer found a woman who captivates him like Sera.
With the balance shifting between good and evil, passion and possession, Sera and Archer must defy the darkness and dare to embrace a love that will mark them forever. 

Review:
I hate to say this about any book, but this was a tough read for me. Usually I finish a book within 2to 3 days, this book took me a week. The writing itself was great, Slade has a wonderful style.

However, the characters did not seem to match, at times it was hard to believe that a romantic relationship could exist between them. Also, the heroine seemed to change personalities after her possession. There were times when I found it difficult to understand what the author was describing. The very first scene was confusing for me-I wasn't sure what was going on or how it was to look.
Despite the issues I had, I must say I love Slade's idea of demon possession, it's different and I will read the next book in the series to see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews