Wednesday, May 11, 2016

10 Things Reader’s Might be Surprised to Know about Me - That's What I'm Talking About

 GUEST-POST

Hi all!
I’d like to start out thanking That’s What I’m Talking About for allowing me to take over one of their posts. This is one of my favorite blogs and I’m honored to be here today. So, let’s jump right in!
10 Things Reader’s Might be Surprised to Know about Me
1. One of my favorite movies of all time is the Godfather Part I. I watch it every time it’s on and love it so much so that I walked down the aisle to the Godfather Love Son rather than the traditional Bridal March. Also, when my husband and I were introduced as Mr.  & Mrs. for the first time, the DJ played the Godfather Trilogy’s theme song. Hey, I’m Italian – it fits.
2. Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss was the first true romance novel I ever read. It was one of my grandmother’s favorite romances that she allowed me to borrow. This historical is written in the true bodice ripper fashion and was originally published it 1972.

3. My love of vampires started in middle school when I read my first Y/A paranormal novel but Dark Gold by Christine Feehan was the first adult paranormal romance I ever read and I was hooked.  Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/108385.Dark_Gold

4. I have a terrible habit of starting series on book 3. Dark Gold is the 3rd installment within the Dark series. I don’t know what it is, but the 3rd book almost never fails to capture my attention and then I have to go back and read books 1 and 2.

5. My husband and I met when we were 10. We were in the same 5th grade class and actually “went out” that year. Lol We went to different middle schools and high schools, but reconnected when he joined the military.

6. We have 2 fur babies: Kelly (cocker spaniel) and Barrette (blackmouth cur mix). We didn’t have either name picked out when we got our pups. To be honest, Kelly was supposed to be a cat. We went out with the intention of bringing home a kitty, but got a puppy instead. Her name came from a car commercial that was playing when we picked her up. Barrette wasn’t planned at all. We saw an adoption event going on and decided to stop by. He is a cute little mutt from Mexico. The organization we adopted him from go to the border cities and help the stray street dogs. My husband named him Barrette after the Barrette 50 Cal riffle.

7. It’s an odd observation, but the family tends to marry people that are a foot taller than them. I’m 5’4” and my husband is 6’4”. My mom is 5’6” and my dad is 6’6”. My aunt is 5’3” and my uncle is 6’3” and so on and so on. It’s a little weird…

8. My dream car would be a trophy truck. Yes, I want a rallied out truck. I love off-roading.

9. I wrote my first full length novel when I was 12 – after I met and fell in love with my first vampire hero – which was the first version of Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness #1). I wrote the book by hand and kept it in a 3 ring binder. The thing is falling apart but I still have it.

10. I didn’t intend to make Caressed by Moonlight a part of a series, but after I got to know the characters, I had to share all their stories. I’ve recently released the Rulers of Darkness series, books 1 through 3.There will be a total of 6 books and I’m currently working on book #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews