Thursday, May 19, 2016

Sneak Peek

Working on Caressed by the Edge of Darkness (Rulers of Darkness #5).



Coming Summer 2016

~ My lady,” an all too familiar voice called out over the din. She suppressed a pleasurable shudder and turned to face the vampire of her dreams.

“Good evening, Sir Knight,” she greeted.

Gannon paused a moment before smiling, “I doubt I’ll ever get used to that.”

Silvie’s pulse skipped. The vampire was classically handsome but when he smiled and his eyes lightened with happiness, she melted.

Clearing her throat, she added, “You’re a Black Knight and heir to the Tapof throne. You’ll grow accustomed to the titles and formality.”

 “I suppose, but those are two things I never thought would happen. Hell, I guess you can never say never, right?”

Silvie forced a smile. She and never were fast friends. “I was on my way to help Kate with the wounded,” she said, brushing past him.

Gannon grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the nearby shadows. Her skin burned from his touch a she yearned to feel that burn all over her body.

Without releasing her, he stepped forward, closing the distance between them. His warm brown eyes searched hers. Her breath caught as he licked his lips. She knew he wouldn’t kiss her, but damn, she would love to be kissed by him.

“You good?” he asked, his voice a rough whisper.

Silvie blinked in confusion, her mind a haze of repressed romantic desires. Would he wrap his arms around her? Would be take her to his room?

“Yeah, you feeling okay?”

“Oh,” she gasped, her brain finally shifting back into gear. “Yeah.” She shook her head, clearing her thoughts. “I’m just a little tired.”

“You should get some rest. You’ve been working too hard.”

“But the humans need my help,” she explained~

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews