Thursday, February 2, 2012

Review of If You Deceive (McCarrick Brothers #3)

Amazon
 If You Deceive 
by Kresley Cole
4.5 of 5 Stars
Description:
Bitter hardships...
When Madeleine van Rowen's family was suddenly plunged into destitution and dishonor, she steeled herself against further heartache. She never weakened, never trusted, until a towering, scarred Highlander relentlessly pursues her, breaking down her defenses.
At what price forgiveness?
The passion between them burns hotter than Ethan's fury, and soon he finds he can't let her go. But when Madeleine uncovers the truth about him, can Ethan convince her to accept all he now offers -- when he once destroyed everything she had?


Review:
I truly enjoyed this book. I haven't read historical romance in awhile - my book shelf has been taken over by paranormal romance/urban fantasy.
The characters were colorful, real, and full of life. The story line was new to me. (There are so many regency era romances out there that I have given up on the sub-genre. Truth be told, I bought this book about 2 years ago and was just so regency romanced out that I couldn't even look at it, but I am very happy that I got over my historical overdose.)
Ethan, the leading man, is hell bent on revenge and he intends to use Maddy to fulfill his evil plans.
Though, once he sees what his revenge plot has already done to her, he begins to falter and, naturally, falls for her.
Their sexual chemistry is there from the beginning and I LOVE the way they meet...sigh...romantic.
The only reason I did not give this book a full 5 stars is that I feel she dragged out the ending chapters. Though, the ending (trying not to add a spoiler here) was very...heroic and I could feel Ethan's anxiety.
This is the 3rd book in the series: MacCarrick Brothers....I don't know why, but I have a problem reading a series from the beginning...probably because I don't pay enough attention when I  buy the book. I am just so excited to start reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews