Friday, February 17, 2012

Review of The Viking's Defiant Bride

The Viking's Defiant Bride
by
Nook

Beautiful and courageous, the Lady Elgiva is as great a prize as the land the Viking conqueror now controls. Earl Wulfrum has taken her home, and now he will take her--as his unwilling bride.
Wulfrum is a legendary warrior, but the strong-willed Elgiva proves the greatest challenge he has ever faced. Yet her response to his touch tells him she feels the all-consuming heat as much as he. Their passionate battle can end only one way--in the marriage bed

An enjoyable book.I liked how the relationship grows slowly over time. Wulfrum is a perfect Viking warrior, strong and willful, while Elgiva is smart and so not a push over. Great couple.
The only thing I did not like about the book was it dragged in some areas and the authors choice of wording/phrase was odd at some points.

I have a B.A. in history, so, naturally, I enjoy historical romance. I am a sucker for Vikings, so when I found this book, it was automatically added to my TBR list. The historical romance genre is dominated by "regency" era settings and it is refreshing to read a historical romance set in a different time period.
If you enjoy Vikings be sure check out this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews