Saturday, June 9, 2012

Review of Vengeful Bounty

Amazon

Vengeful Bounty
by Jillian Kidd
4 of 5 Stars

Description:

In the year 2053, Dallas bounty hunter Mina Maxwell’s goal is to reach Global status, and she is only three catches away from the needed 25. During one of her hunts, she lets criminal Roberto Franco go in order to capture his higher-ranking boss. It is a mistake that will come back to haunt her.
As she continues on toward her goal, she battles with the demons of her past, among them being Damon Wolfe, her Global bounty hunter lover who left her without explanation. Attempting to heal the damage is Mina’s good friend, musician Jackson Kincade, who has been hinting at taking their friendship to the next level if she will let him.
All hope for the future shatters when Roberto returns, hunts her down and kidnaps her. His plan: weaken her body and crush her spirit so he can sell her to the highest bidder.


Review: 

Let me start by saying this book was nothing like I expected. Futuristic books really aren't my style, I'm an old fashioned gal who enjoys historical and paranormal/urban fantasy romance. When I was offered this book to review, the cover and description intrigued me and I decided to step out of my comfort zone. 
I'm glad I did.

As previously stated, this book was not what I had expected and it totally threw me. 
The leading character, Mina Maxwell, is driven and extremely goal oriented. She knows what she wants, which is to reach Global status, and nothing and no one will stand in her way. Definitely a kick-ass, take charge kind of lady.
Ms. Kidd has done a wonderful job in the world building department. The book is set in Dallas 2053 and the description of the future is very interesting. I liked how she mentioned a Scorpion's song being and oldie. The gadgets she describes, such as a laser gun and hover cars, fit. She created Mina's world in such a way that it seemed real and believable.
Now, the only down side for me was the lack of romance. However, I went into this book expecting it to be a typical romance.
Overall, this book was solid and far from disappointing. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Kidd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews